Mama always says the best way to make yourself feel better is to help someone else. You don’t have to go feed the homeless or sell you belongs and devote yourself to a life of poverty. Just realize something – give yourself recognition. If you have done any of CREATE or GROW or ENCOURAGE then you are healing.
- Recognize little pieces of your broken heart are recovered and healed when you positively effect someone else.
- Journal about the GROW thing you are doing and what changes you have seen.
- Describe how ENCOURAGE felt before and after you did it. How did your friend respond?
- Journal about that first CREATE you started.
- After completing a few pages review your progress. Don’t sell yourself short – progress could mean more/less writing. Experimenting with color. Honesty in journal responses. Baby steps still move you forward!
If you are at a place where you and only CREATE once a month and getting out of bed everyday is your GROW then CONGRATULATIONS!!!! It is enough. You are on your way! You are making progress! You are courageous!